Let’s get personal…
Creating an unforgettable affair is no easy task. Cookie cutter weddings are a thing of the past. Do not be afraid to step out of the traditional something old box to create a little magic.
1. Vendor Gifts: this is one of my favorites and number #1 in my heart! In place of a traditional a thank you card try replacing it with a business card holder or wristlet. You can add a personal note or tip inside as an extra gift for those vendors who went above and beyond for your special day.
2. Favors: have always been a way to express the couples personal interest or hobbies. Smaller more intimate weddings can create connections with each guest by creating personalized gifts. We love all of Bumble Bee Linens hankie options to wipe away your guest happy tears. Donations “in lue of” to nonprofit organizations that the family is passionate about is also a great way to create a personal experience.
3. Music: from the prelude to the last dance music is the perfect opportunity to reflect your personal taste and style. Acoustic pop or rock covers are a fun and unexpected way to include some of your favorite anthems during your cocktail hour. Think Michael Bublé singing Poker Face! Also, check out 5 ways to make your ceremony memorable for our tips on standing out with your ceremony music.
4. Accessories: superhero cufflinks, an Alexander McQueen skull pocket square or jazzy socks can take your men’s attire from predictable to memorable. From a far these fun accessories could be a mistaken for traditional garb but up close they really showcase the personalities of your groom squad.
5. Shoes: because they deserve their very own number! Women love to express their style in their shoes and bridal shoes are no exception. From spikes to sparkles brides and maids truly can’t express themselves in an oh so fabulous way.
6. Reception food: your personal taste may not be best suited for your entrée selections but there is plenty of opportunity to serve up some of your favorite bites like sushi or mini sliders during your cocktail hour. Late night snacks are also a way to sneak in some unexpected favorites such as tater tot’s or soft pretzel bars.
7. Cakes: why settle for one vanilla cake to please the masses when you can create a dessert display full of flavors. Showcase both of your sweet tooth with multiple cake and pastry options. Get nostalgic by including family traditional favorites such as rum or pineapple upside down cake.
8. Amenities: take the time to send guest amenities to those who made your day possible or those who traveled far to celebrate with you. Champagne splits, sparkling water, and cheese trays paired with personalized notes will really make your loved ones feel appreciated and loved.
9. Give a welcome speech: welcome your guest publicly before the formal toasts take place. Take this time to thank your bridal party, friends and family for all their support. This is your opportunity to make memories for those dearest to you and set the tone of your event.
10. Menu cards: allow you to include a personal message or highlight a family tradition. We loved creating these beauties with Blush Paper Co.…..touch of a Italiano!
Photo love to the talented, Amber Marie Photography